Science and Inquiry discussion

Archive > I'll never read all these!

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by William (new)

William (acknud) I started looking at my shelves of TBR books and I thought "Wow, I'll never read all those books!" Still, I collect more to read daily.

Do other people horde books that you know you will never get to?

Susanna - Censored by GoodReads (susannag) | 347 comments Oh good lord yes.

I don't want to know how many books are in my Mt. TBR.

Run away! Run away!

message 3: by Jill (new)

Jill (wanderingrogue) | 10 comments Yup. I recently decided to take part in a "I must not buy any more books" thread in The Next Best Book Club community. It started in late December. I've since failed to live up to it about...oooh...five, maybe six times?

I love buying books. I really wish I could read them through osmosis.

message 4: by S.A. (new)

S.A. (suerule) | 1 comments I made a New year resolution to read more - and get through more of those books on my TBR list, but it's not doing too well so far!

message 5: by Tracy (new)

Tracy Black | 39 comments I have a halfway read problem. There's books on my shelf that have had a bookmark on the same page for years. By the time I get back to them, I'll probably be starting over.

message 6: by Tamra (new)

Tamra My wish list/to read bookshelves are kinda comforting. I guess I like knowing that there's always something to look forward to when my mood swings. What I didn't realize, until I starting tracking my reading here, was what made me complete a book or abandon a book. With so many interesting things yet to read, it's difficult for me to plow through something that isn't meeting my expectations - which is a concern because I may be missing great stuff by giving up too soon.