Goodreads asked K.A. Madison:

K.A. Madison Writing can be hard. It takes a lot of time and dedication. But once you get into it, it's like you've walked into a time machine. Time flies by and the next thing you know, you look up and hours have passed. At least that's what it does for me.

Some people have asked me, how do you even start? Do you know how it's all going to turn out? Well, I like to write as I go. I have a general idea about how the story is going to go, but it's high level and I don't have any specific plot line. I don't want to get pigeonholed into having to write to an outline that I created in the past. That said, as I continue writing through Book 3 of the Nether Chronicles, (I've finished Book 2 and it's now being edited as of 8/4/14), I have a general idea on where I want to go. Again, it's high level and there are gaps in the story that will be filled in as I go through.