Marty Mayer
Marty Mayer asked Susan Mallery:

I have relished nine Fool's Gold novels. Looking forward to consuming the remaining ones, I have two questions. (1) To me, Fool's Gold is pyrite that fooled many early miners into taking devastating actions; yet the characters in these novels all find the real ore. So, what is the origin of the town's name? (2) Will you ever tell Mayor Marsha's story?

Susan Mallery Hi, Marty. Fool's Gold got its name simply because the town is in Gold Country, and I was looking for a related name that felt fun.

I don't plan to write Mayor Marsha's story. A lot of readers ask, but the truth is, I don't think that readers would rush to buy a book that had a couple in their 60s or 70s on the cover. That's just a market reality. You do get a hint that Mayor Marsha has a personal life, though, when you read BEFORE WE KISS. A mysterious man is with her on her mysterious trip. ;)
Susan Mallery