Whitney
Whitney asked Susan Mallery:

Hi Susan! I haven't read any Fool's Gold romances, but I have read Irresistible, and recently purchased A Marcelli Wedding 2in1. I would love to know how you find inspiration for the dreamy male characters?

Susan Mallery Hi, Whitney! I have a lot of fun dreaming up heroes. They all have some things in common - a sense of honor, a protective nature, a rockin' body - but they're each unique, too. Each has strengths and weaknesses that are all his own. The thing I always look for is, what makes this man perfect for this woman? They're not interchangeable. I can't just come up with a man and a woman and then throw them together. They have to be right for each other, and I put a lot of thought into that before I ever write a word.
Susan Mallery