Goodreads asked Michael Lent:

Michael Lent My latest graphic novel series is i, HOLMES. Art by Marc Rene and Dan Parsons. Encouragement to write the series came from my wonderful friend David Rambo, a well-known television writer/producer who gave us CSI, Revolution and Empire. Eventually, David would write the introduction for the first book.

Since I was a teen, I loved the fictional world of Sherlock Holmes. What I like best is that for over a century every generation and most artistic mediums including stage and radio plays, television, films, video games, and other media by more than a thousand writers have re-imagined Holmes and his universe. i, HOLMES was our way of contributing to that universe.

Everyone knows that Sherlock Holmes uses unparalleled logic and skills of deduction to solve seemingly unsolvable mysteries. Yet it is the contradictions of his personality that fascinate me most. This dichotomy gives the Holmes world a timeless quality. You don’t need to see Sherlock Holmes in the 22nd Century to imagine that he will be with us for a very long time.

Hopefully, readers will see i, HOLMES as an exciting and fresh crime story with some wonderful art by very gifted artists.