Brenda
Brenda asked Marie Brennan:

I have just begun reading The Tropic of Serpents having thoroughly enjoyed A Natural History of Dragons. Being an amateur archaeologist and former employee of a major British University, how I recognise the setting !! My one wish would be that you included a glossary of unfamiliar terms, such as the month of the year. Also I would like more - and clearer - maps. Any prospect of these in the later works?

Marie Brennan There are more maps in the later books, but they're all regional; there's no world map in any of the books. The months of the year are as follows:

Nivis (late Dec-Jan)
Pluvis
Ventis
Seminis
Floris (late Apr-May)
Graminis
Messis
Caloris
Fructis (late Aug-Sep)
Acinis
Nebulis
Gelis

I'll try to put together that info and some other bits for my website, since it isn't laid out explicitly for an our-world audience in the books.