Laura O
Laura O asked:

Hi! Question for the author: can you please explain what's going on with the reviews? I saw what happened, but I think newcomers might be confused.

To answer questions about Girl Out of Water, please sign up.
Laura Silverman Hi! Thank you for asking - I'd love to clear this up! During this election cycle, I was targeted on my Twitter multiple times with anti-Semitic death threats from Neo-Nazi Trump supporters. On one of these occasions, they rallied together and attacked this Goodreads' page with a flood of fake one-star reviews (the book was still in edits at the time and only available for review by a handful of friends).

The amazing book community drummed up tons of support for me and tried to counteract all the negative reviews. That's why you might see a lot of 5-star reviews with the word "Nazis" in it. I'm so thankful to everyone who supported me. While the flood of fake reviews has stopped there are still fake reviews trickling in, and I'm just not going to let trolls use up my energy by flagging them, so please use your awesome and best judgement when looking at the ratings on this page. I also suggest sorting by "newest review" as actual early copies make it out into the world. To be clear: this book has nothing to do with Judaism or Nazis or the election. I'm simply Jewish and vocal. Thank you again everyone! Here's a link to an article on what happened: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/n...

Answer edited on 12/06/2016 to address fake reviews still trickling in. Thanks y'all <3
Roisin Tolcher I'm very glad to read this explanation - the trail of comments was very ' famous five' - honestly dont these numb nut trollers realise they just brought more attention to the book and alert our natural curiosity so now I'm super interested in ms Silverman and her work?
Char ღ Denae I'm so sorry this happened to you, Laura!! How horrible! People are just awful sometimes but they're also wonderful sometimes. I'm so happy the wonderful ones came to your aid! I'm looking forward to reading, Girl Out of Water, especially since there are all those 5 star ratings!! ; )

Many blessings to you!
Charli
Image for Girl Out of Water
by Laura Silverman (Goodreads Author)