Kai
Kai asked Shannon Messenger:

Hi I like to say I love your KEEPER before I read your LTSF series. I know your inspiration for the elf in KEEPER was Legolas so here's my question who is your inspiration behind Vane Weston?

Shannon Messenger Aw, thank you so much! And what a great question. Honestly, Vane wasn't really inspired by anyone. He just sorta...came to me. I got this image in my head of a boy walking on the wind, and he instantly became Vane, without me really planning or brainstorming. His snarky sense of humor would just appear on the page as I typed and I'd look back later and think, WHERE did that come from? I know that sounds super weird, but writers are kind of weird people. I have a very vivid imagination, I guess. :)
Shannon Messenger