Kathryn Coffman
Kathryn Coffman asked Elizabeth Gilbert:

What are some of your best practices in overcoming writer's block? Do you often suffer from it?

Elizabeth Gilbert Hi Kathryn. I don't believe in "writer's block" as an actual psychological condition. I think that it is, instead, usually a symptom of something else (fear, insecurity, perfectionism, depression, alcoholism, competition, anger, etc.) The trick is to identify what is holding you back, and address that issue separately. Usually, 90% of the time, it is fear — and usually (again 90% of the time) it is fear that your work isn't good enough. Whenever I encounter that fear, my response is: "Who cares?" I'm not in charge of whether or not my work is great, or how people will like it. I am only in charge of the process. I came here to be a writer, and so I write. Set your kitchen timer for 30 minutes a day, and write something. It doesn't have to be good. It doesn't even have to be finished. It just has to BE.
Elizabeth Gilbert