Mary Beth Devaney
Mary Beth Devaney asked Aidee Ladnier:

What inspired you to write "The Moonlight Market"? I'm curious, since it's such an original story!

Aidee Ladnier Actually, the inspiration came from my love of good "up all night" movies. Some of my favorite “up all night” films are "Into the Night", "Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist”, “American Graffiti”, "Cold Dog Soup", and “After Hours”. The elements of a good "up all night" story are usually:

• an intriguing friend or love interest who is more trouble than they're worth,
• a crazy place (or places) where things happen that never happen in the protagonist's regular life,
• a protagonist living a very staid and boring life that needs to be shook up a little, and
• a night (or a few nights) to encapsulate it all.

These zany movies play upon the fact that when you stay up all night with someone you're tired, your barriers are thin, and you spill secrets without meaning to.

I wanted to write a story like that and THE MOONLIGHT MARKET is the result.