Trine Lise
Trine Lise asked Michael J. Sullivan:

Hi Michael :) As a mythology-buff, I wanted to ask a few questions about the gods of Elan. Were you inspired by any mythologies when you made the creation story and deities, did you simply develop it to fit the story or was it primarily based on the redemption theme the Riyria books have? And, if it’s not considered some sort of spoiler, did Erebus ever manage to collect all the feathers and be forgiven by Muriel?

Michael J. Sullivan I borrowed from Greek myths in the idea that gods were like mortals in the sense they made mistakes and were subject to desires and failings. This was necessary to build the story. As far as Erebus and Muriel, I can tell you that just as the legends of the Greek gods were myths, so are the stories told in Elan about their gods. The real story of such things are far more complicated and tragic. What the people of Elan circa 3000 know are but bits and pieces of the truth. I may never get around to telling the whole story of where those myths come from. But since I still might, I won’t say anymore.