Aj
Aj asked Elizabeth Gilbert:

Dear Liz, I remember the happy days when I'd pick up my copy of Committed right after work. Thank you for choosing to share your works with us. Onto my curiosity: I think many people grew up differently than what their kid-selves had imagined. Reflecting back, what was the one experience you felt you had pleasantly surprised yourself the most? Sincerely, AJ Crossed-over to Japan :)

Elizabeth Gilbert Hi AJ — Thank you for the question! I will tell you the truth: As a child, I always expected that someday I would be a mother. (All the women I knew were mothers, after all; it is what was expected of all of us.) But as I became an adult, I discovered that this was not my path. I think I would've been incredibly surprised as a child to learn that someday I would a VERY HAPPY childless adult woman!
Elizabeth Gilbert