Kiwi
Kiwi asked Meagan Spooner:

I read These Broken Stars, and loved it! I was wondering how hard it was to write, and how long it toke, and if there's any chance of it being a movie.

Meagan Spooner Thank you!

These Broken Stars didn't start out as a novel—my co-author Amie and I had been writing together for years, just for fun, creating characters and roleplaying them together and just writing each other little scenes and vignettes to entertain each other. We started this shipwreck-in-space setting with the intention of playing our first two characters (Lilac and Tarver) until we got bored, and then creating new crash survivors to play with. But after a year had passed and we hadn't gotten bored yet, we realized maybe there was more to them... like a book.

I don't remember how long it took to go from that to finished first draft, but it wasn't long and it was pretty easy, comparatively speaking. Amie and I traded off chapters, so there was always incentive to finish my chapter—it meant I'd get to read hers sooner!

Right now there are no plans for it to become a movie, but there is a producing team adapting it for television, which is even more exciting for us, because we loooove TV! You can read more about that here: http://www.publishersweekly.com/pw/by...