Georgene
Georgene asked:

To answer questions about The Book Thief, please sign up.
Bookmark Sparklez
Tigressp81
thinkdifferent Liesel is loosely based on the author's mother, who grew up in nazi Germany and later moved to Australia so I guess that was a reason for the author to let Liesel end up in Australia.
Đurđija Lukić I think (if I can say) that thay have their own kind of relationship and in my head it's not romantic kind. For me, Rudy was the right one for her, they loved each other. It's sad that he died but I believe she has found her new Rudy in Australia and has married him.
Simone
Sam Liesel did not marry Max, simply because a), Max was too old for her, and b) they had form a strong bond of friendship rather than romantic relationship... she had fallen in love with Rudy before his death, and she got married to another man (i don't know who) and had children but Max had stayed friends with Liesel for a while before meeting Death.

Liesel moved to Australia maybe because her husband lived there... it's possible...
Misha Well, Markus Zusak stated that Liesel didnèt marry max BUT my guess as for how did she end up in australia, is because Markus Zusak is from Australia, and he used that place because he himself knew it very well. If you remember, he did describe places in australia specifically, like the exact street or football stadium (i dont remember very well)
Samantha McLaughlin In an interview, Markus Zusak stated that Liesel did not marry Max, although many readers still 'believe' she did. :) And my guess is that she ended up in Australia because of the person she married or maybe her writing career... Hope this helps!
Kelseigh No, Liesel did not marry Max. But I do not know who she got in Australia.
Kristen Australia took a lot of Jewish refugees after the second world war. My guess would be that Liesel immigrated to Australia to escape her memories of the war.
Reading-Girl2 I wondered about that too but, I never really thought it was true. As for Australia, I suggest you look into his past for that. His parents were in Germany around that time (or at least one of them was) and they migrated to Australia.
Sam nonononononnonono Ofcourse not. 9 years old here
.
Rita7 No, she did not marry max he is waaaay to old for her and she ended up in Australia because her anonymous husband lives there.
Hannah Wallace
Image for The Book Thief
by Markus Zusak (Goodreads Author)