Goodreads asked Mark Pryor:

What’s the best thing about being a writer?

Mark Pryor There are so many!

The number one thing, though, is hearing from readers. For a complete stranger to take the time to drop me an email or Facebook message, it just blows my mind. Sometimes they include carefully-worded critiques and I don't mind that in the slightest, either. If someone was entertained or touched enough to write me, I'm grateful.

I also love to walk into a book store and see my books on the shelves. That never gets old, and especially at airports for some reason. My kids get super excited by that, too, which is a joy for me.

The other thing that's fun is when I meet someone, just start chatting and they ask what I do. I have a day-time job but I always tell people that I write mystery novels - their eyes light up, every time.