Goodreads asked Sadie Haller:

Sadie Haller The most recent book is the third in the series and is being written concurrently with the second, so technically, I'd say the inspiration comes from what inspired the series itself.

There is no shortage of kinky rock star stories, which I certainly enjoy reading, but as a classically trained musician with a broad kinky streak, I felt woefully under-represented.

With not much more than the notion of a chamber group made up entirely of Doms, and an oboe playing rape survivor with severe performance anxiety, I started writing. I had the first draft for One Gold Heart finished in just ten days.

One Gold Knot was inspired by an early cover mock-up for One Gold Heart and a conversation I had with my daughter about weddings and funerals.

One Gold Triquetra was inspired by a a passing thought I had as I was writing One Gold Knot. What if two of the Doms secretly had a relationship with each other?