Goodreads asked John Gaffield:

John Gaffield Several years ago, I was awaiting the release of a ghost related movie associated with a theme park ride (I do not want to specify exactly which movie). While the movie was okay, it had me thinking about what would have made it better. From these thoughts, I was able to come up with the concept for my first novel, "The Heir to Winston Manor."

For the Science Fiction novels, I try to stay on top of technology trends and then imagine where the overall technology is heading. This can lead to stories that may be maybe ten to fifteen years away or ones that are much further into the future. I do see the potential issues that some of this technology could have. Some of the stories may highlight some of these potential issues.