A Goodreads user asked Gretchen Rubin:

After seeing a few friends post #100HappyDays and such hashtags on facebook other social media. I looked into this website and hastag and I'm trying it myself. What are you feelings on #100HappyDays and the way happiness in general has been talked about, written about, and understood since the release of the books?

Gretchen Rubin Anything that helps people to focus on how to live a happier life is great, I think. People often say, "But if you think too much about happiness, won't your preoccupation with happiness keep you from being happy?" In my experience--and certainly true for me--people are much more likely to neglect to think about happiness than to over-think it. It's so easy to get distracted by the chaos of everyday life, and forget what really matters.