Laura
Laura asked Cathy Lamb:

What is your inspiration?

Cathy Lamb Danielle,

What is my inspiration for my books?

Anything. Everything. Relationships. Weather. Flowers. Blue Herons. Yellow tugboats. Sisters. A river. Secrets. Family history and ancestors. Storm clouds. Old wood tables.

For my latest book, My Very Best Friend, a few of my inspirations were: Scotland, and wanting to see my daughter who goes to school there. Best friends. A time travel romance writer who seemed to leap out of my imagination. Orcas Island. A stone cottage I saw in a magazine. My love of gardening and flowers. Lingerie bike riding at midnight. A small bar fight (No I was not in a bar fight. I have a wild imagination).

So, to keep the inspiration coming, I read, I walk, I run in the woods, I buy flowers, I go on drives in the country, I watch movies. Most importantly, I hang out with my family and make sure that I nag my children....