A Goodreads user asked Ruta Sepetys:

When my granddaughter was in fourth grade and reading "Between Shades of Gray," a classmate got a surprised look on his face and indicated that she should NOT be reading that book! He had confused the title with "Fifty Shades of Gray." My granddaughter quickly pointed out the difference to him. I am a former German teacher. Will you continue to write about German history?

Ruta Sepetys Hello Mary!

Oh my, yes, there has been some "Shades of Gray" confusion! :) Yes, I'd love to continue to write about German history. My latest book, "Salt to the Sea" focuses on German history and the evacuation of East Prussia in 1945.
I truly enjoyed researching the different cultural interpretations of the events and history.

Thanks so much!
Ruta Sepetys