Guennar Reyer
Guennar Reyer asked Brent Weeks:

Okay here's one that could get a bit sticky >:D While preusing through Greek mythology (bit of a junkie) I came across a name I found rather familiar. Running over to my hard back copy of The Blinding Knife, I flipped to the back glossary and found the names were the same. So, my question to you is this: is there a possibility that in the future Teia's actions will reflect what the Greek goddess represents?

Brent Weeks I'll admit: I love me some Greek myth. Actually, I love and admire all sorts of things about the Greeks, from philosophy to criticism to art to storytelling. My education had a strong Classical component. Buuut, I also like being a bit persnickety. Most of the Greek-derived names in Lightbringer do shed light--errm, pardon--on the character, either in reference to a character in a Greek work or myth or by the literal meaning of her name. But there's at least one whose name has absolutely nothing to do with her myth, or the name's original Greek meaning.
Yet.
I haven't decided if I'll 'fix' that in Blood Mirror, or just leave it to bother people who want a tidy package.
It's only fair, really: critics vex authors so often, authors should vex critics once in a while. Right?
Brent Weeks