Renetta DeBoer
Renetta DeBoer asked Maria V. Snyder:

Do you ever get writer's block? If so how do you get unstuck?

Maria V. Snyder Hi again Renetta! I do get writer's block from time to time. I do a number of things when I'm stuck - I use to take my dog for a walk (before she passed away :( and ruminate on my story - not real active thinking, I let my mind wander and see if anything pops up (showers are also good places for this - a note of warning - don't do it if you have to be some place on time :)

If that doesn’t work - I'll sleep on it - give myself a break from writing and try not to bang my head against a wall. I'll also send chapters to my critique partner or agent to read - once they've read up to the point I'm stuck, I'll call them and bounce ideas off of them. Helped me with STORM GLASS - big time.

Another way is to jump ahead in the story line - no one said you had to write the scenes in any order - sometimes jumping over the problem spot helps you figure out the problem so you can go back and fix it later.