Goodreads asked Jason M. Hough:

Jason M. Hough It hasn't really happened to me. Or, perhaps I should say I've always been able to nip it in the bud early on.

Robert McKee's advice is best, in a roundabout way: "The only cure for writer's block is a trip to the library."

I prefer a more generalized version: "The only cure for writer's block is to consume inspiration and ideas like a starved hyena." Go to the library as Robert says, pick things at random and just read. Find a magazine stand, grab anything and read. Go to the cinema and ask for a ticket to whatever is starting next. Sit back and let your self become lost in these things. Forget about what had you stuck, and pretty soon something will trigger an idea.