Dan
Dan asked Kate DiCamillo:

Dear Kate DiCamillo, As a fellow Minnesota resident and huge fan of your books, I was thrilled to discover you had been selected as the National Ambassador of Young People's Literature! What has been your favorite moment to date as the ambassador?

Kate DiCamillo Hello Fellow Minnesotan (I was just up north. I am covered in mosquito bites). My favorite ambassador moment to date: I was in Illinois, visiting a school and I gave the "Ambassador Speech" to a group of fourth and fifth graders. And these kids, listened to me so well, with such loving attention, that I thought: everything will be okay as long as we can all keep connecting this way around stories and books and storytelling. It was grand.
Kate DiCamillo