James 'Eagle'
James 'Eagle' asked Brent Weeks:

My girlfriend and I both enjoy your books immensely, so well done for that! She would like to know if you laugh as much as she does when you are writing your Lightbringer books. As you have no knowledge of the quantity of laughs that she was riddled with I greatly doubt you can give an accurate answer, but please try. She would like to know. Much love!

Brent Weeks Oh, I didn't know we were going into the embarrassing questions! Yes, I do laugh at my own jokes. Then of course, I often scowl, change the word order to see if it makes it funnier, scowl again, and try three more times. I also occasionally cackle when I've pulled something particularly cruel and/or clever. This is why I can't write in coffee shops.
Brent Weeks