Kat
Kat asked Denise Grover Swank:

How do you create such situations for Rose and how do you keep up making a list for Rose? Can't wait to read Thirty-Two and A Half Compilations

Denise Grover Swank Situations from Rose just seem to happen. When I was writing Twenty-Eight and a Half Wishes, I was working on the scene where Rose was hiding in her bathroom, wrapped in a towel, going through her litany of scratching the intruders eyes out, and I wondered. "is this TOO much?" The same with Muffy and her flatulence problem. A lot of times I'll write the story and add more humor in while I'm revising and editing. But most of the times, the situations just pop up into my head while I'm writing.

The lists. The lists continued because of the titles. Twenty-Eight's title was based off her "wish list." People would want to know why the net book was title "Twenty-Nine and a Half Reasons." So I had Rose make a list of reasons to move to Little Rock and why she should stay. The lists are usually added later--often in revision--and in fact, after reading this, I realize I didn't put a list in Thirty-Two. OOPS,
Denise Grover Swank