Rose
Rose asked C.E. Murphy:

I can't seem to find a answer to my question so I thought I would just ask you! :) I have the first 3 books in The Walker Paper series in mass paperback and I have been wait for the rest to come out in that size too, but I have only seen the trade paperback sizes for the rest. Do you know when the rest of The Walker Paper series will be out in mass paperback?

C.E. Murphy I hate to tell you, but you're probably out of luck. The mass market, er, market, has taken a real hit with a combination of e-readers, fewer physical bookstores, and the much higher profit point for everybody on the bookselling side of the business (ie, everybody but actual readers).

I know that WINTER MOON, with the novella "Banshee Cries" (which fits between URBAN SHAMAN and THUNDERBIRD FALLS) is available in mass market, but as far as I know there are no plans to release the rest of the series in mass market.

I realize the difficulty this provides readers, and as a reader with a permanently limited book budget, I'm horribly sorry.

On the other hand, as a writer trying to make a living, trade paperbacks have a much longer shelf life, which means they're in the bookstores longer, making it more likely that I'll get royalties over the long term (and 2x as much royalties per unit, in fact, as I'd get on mass markets), so Im also not *exactly* sorry.... :}

-Catie