Goodreads asked Cathy Lamb:

Cathy Lamb Ah ha...

Where did I get the ideas for my most recent book, What I Remember Most, out in September 2014...

Grenadine Scotch Wild is my main character's name. As soon as I had her name, I felt like I was on a roll, writing wise. Why that name? Whose idea was that? Who likes Scotch?

Grenadine is a collage artist and painter. I decided to make her an artist because I have always wanted to be an artist but have zero talent.

Grenadine is also on the run. Her husband was an "investor" who lost his clients' money. She was implicated in his schemes, though she had only been married to the jerk for a year and was completely innocent.

I was interested in what it would feel like to have your whole world collapse, to be arrested and jailed for a weekend, to lose your home and have your bank accounts locked up.

Where would you go? How would you survive? How do you start over? How do you avoid jail for a crime you didn't commit?

And, I was interested in Grenadine's back story. When she was six, her parents disappeared on a foggy, scary night in the woods. She was put in foster care and never knew what happened to them.

Though the story is written first person, through Grenadine's eyes, I tell her back story through children services reports, police reports, a court transcript, police reports and letters. I was interested in writing through a different structure.

Hope you like it!