Plaxnor
Plaxnor asked Alan Moore:

Do you see the possibility of a meaningful shift to the left in the English speaking world with the emergence of popular support for Corbyn/Trudeau/Sanders? I don't mean to suggest that they are the same.

Alan Moore It’s certainly gratifying to hear some left wing voices in a world of voracious and unrelentingly right wing political agendas, and Trudeau’s win in Canada is obviously to be welcomed as a way of reversing some of that formerly exemplary country’s recent suicidal environmental policies. Sanders is an interesting case, emerging in a United States which seems to have enjoyed a previously phobic relationship with anything that vaguely smacked of socialism. I wish all of these people well, and it is certainly to be hoped that they prefigure some sort of resurgence in basic, decent human values, but I think that in the long term we should accept that the standard model of modern democratic government is no longer (a) working; (b) in the interests of ordinary people rather than an apparently amoral elite; or even (c) democratic. We have smarter and more egalitarian alternatives available to us now, and we should start planning to take advantage of that fact before our situation worsens even further. I, for one, would be interested in seeing modern science playing a greater role in government: evidence-based politics might be quite a novel and rewarding approach to governance. What I’m saying, I suppose, is that we should support such few rays of light as break through the toxic conservative cloud-cover, but that we should also be thinking about the future...which is here right now...and that we should very definitely have a Plan B embracing broader and more radical change.
Alan Moore