Sonny
Sonny asked Alan Moore:

Hi Alan! I've been looking forward to reading Jerusalem for years now and it always seems to be on the cusp of being completed. What stage is the book at now? Are you excited about it finally being finished? What can we expect when it's finally published? Many thanks and much love, Sonny

Alan Moore Well, I’m pleased to inform you that the actual writing of the first draft was completed around a year ago on September 7th, 2014. For the past year I’ve been working with Donna Bond, the very capable editor that I dragged in to oversee the enormous manuscript after the death of my original chosen editor, Steve Moore. Donna has been making suggested changes and edits over the thirty-five chapters...bless her, she even made some useful points about the frankly unreadable Lucia Joyce chapter...and I can report that I finished integrating the edits on the last chapter just six days ago on October 22nd. This almost-complete draft is with the publishers, and I believe some of the foreign editions have already begun the lengthy work of translation. It has also been passed over to my two trusted macro-managers (to see if there are any big structural or plot flaws in a work of this scale and with this number of characters), the author and prison writer Ali Fruish, and author and counter-cultural historian John Higgs. Meanwhile, I am shortly to recommence my drawing work on the front cover – which I began before I commenced work on writing the actual book, and then put away because it struck me as a stupid way to go about things – and I’m hoping that the whole thing will be out next year. Re-reading the book as I integrated Donna’s edits (seriously, the woman is brilliant: she even picked up on my serial misuse of the word ‘careen’), I can say that I am deliriously pleased with it and, at least from my own point of view, can say that this is the best thing that I have ever written, or in all likelihood will ever write. I thank everybody for their considerable patience over the ten years that I’ve been assembling this mechanism, and sincerely hope they’ll agree it was worth the wait.
Alan Moore