Goodreads asked T.C. Booth:

T.C. Booth The four most important young people in my life have experienced more than one tragedy that has taken a loved one from them too soon. The latest tragedy occurred after this story was already written and in the process of being published. As a result of this, I 'm now raising two more teens. My family grew and so has the love in my heart.

The most difficult part of this journey was to watch the grief of my two new children. There were nights I wished I could rub their hearts and heal them. Unfortunately, grief is a process. I have to love them through this.

My story shows the process of grieving through the eyes of Gabby. Just like Gabby, my new children have the support for young people grieving through our local hospice.