STEEL99
STEEL99 asked:

Any mature content I should be aware of? What is the age rating for this title

To answer questions about The Midwich Cuckoos, please sign up.
Tim Dugan remember when this was written

some reference to a possible extramarital affair and pregnancy without sex, but not very explicit
Matt My opinions are of course subjective, and my values and sensibilities may not reflect your own. There are adult situations dealing with pregnancy, nothing too graphically described, if I recall correctly. I think the prose style may be difficult for younger readers, unless they are very advanced readers. And this is one of the rare cases where I enjoyed the original movie (not the remake) more than the book. The fantasy horror elements of psychic children controlling and harming adults can be scary in movie and perhaps in the book as well. Everyone has different sensibilities, so you should always read the book first if you are a concerned parent choosing more challenging reading for a child.
Image for The Midwich Cuckoos