Amey
Amey asked:

"For the New Intellectual: The Philosophy of Ayn Rand" and "Introduction to Objectivist Epistemology" These two books seem to be similar to me. I am yet to read them both and don't know which to start with. Could anyone differentiate between the two. How do they differ from each other and which one explains her philosophy at a more base level, so as to be understood by a layman?

Rico They're completely different. Intro sets out her specific theory of epistemology, whereas FTNI has a great intro article followed by some excerpts from her fiction. It's been a year since you asked your question, so it's probably not relevant anymore, but for anyone else thinking of where to start, FTNI is definitely better. I wouldn't touch Intro unless you like what you find in FTNI, and then read one or two of her nonfiction books eg Capitalism: The Unknown Ideal. In fact, if you prefer to start with nonfiction, Capitalism: The Unknown Ideal or The Virtue of Selfishness would be better choices. They're both collections of essays so you can read essay by essay, taking breaks in between.
Image for For the New Intellectual