Goodreads asked Betsy Tobin:

What are you currently working on?

Betsy Tobin This is a good question for me at the moment because for the first time ever I'm working on a sequel to my forthcoming novel THINGS WE COULDN'T EXPLAIN. While sequels are common in many strands of commercial fiction, they are much rarer in literary fiction. But I went to a literary lunch with the always-entertaining Deborah Moggach in London last month and one of the many memorable things she said was that characters who refuse to lie down and die after publication are like party guests who won't leave! They demand a sequel, or in the case of minor characters, a story of their own. I felt this way about the setting of my fifth book: a quirky small town in northern Ohio with an engaging cast of characters who had more stories to tell, so I am going to allow them to roam awhile longer in my imagination and see what happens. I have been ruminating on the subject of sequels more generally, as novels usually come from big ideas, and once the book has been written the idea has more-or-less run its course. So for me as a writer, both the story and the idea have to be in place in order for the magic to happen. Hopefully it will all come together...

THINGS WE COULDN'T EXPLAIN is on UK general release in Nov 2014, and is available for pre-order on Amazon from August 14th.