Marianne Boutet
Marianne Boutet asked Jordan Castillo Price:

Do you think severely negative review is ever warranted? I am not talking about errors in the storyline, characters or world-building,. I am not even pointing to "needs better proofreading". I am asking about comments and/or reviews lately such as "I can't believe that [the author] wrote [this crap]." Am I being unrealistic/naive to wish that if something negative is said, there should be a "why" to go along with it?

Jordan Castillo Price What a fascinating question! Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but when a review isn't backed up by any "why"s, I don't think they add value to other readers' decision-making process. I think that for the most part, potential readers filter out poorly written rants like the one you describe.