Alice
Alice asked:

Why is Bill Pilgrim called Pilgrim? A pilgrim is someone "who journeys to a sacred place for religious reasons" (according to Google). Why was this chosen for his last name? Is he on a religious journey? Thanks!

To answer questions about Slaughterhouse-Five, please sign up.
Elaine A pilgrim can also be one who goes on a journey, crusade, or mission. (a pilgrimage). It doesn't always mean for religious reasons. Remember, Billy starts out on his first military mission as a chaplain's assistant. He doesn't want to fight or kill anyone. He himself has no fear of death and accepts everything that happens to him. He is filled with self doubt, but is on a crusade to write about what happened in Dresden, and to make sure he doesn't glorify the war.
Janet The Children's Crusade is referenced. Vonnegut is tying that to how young the soldiers were (are). Mere babies. The crusades were to Jerusalem for "religious" reasons. Billy Pilgrim's journey was to Dresden for "religious" reasons.
Stephanie Fayard Personally, I think the use of the word "pilgrim" as his name has less to do with a religious journey and more to do with the idea that he is always journeying, whether it be through time or space. It's also a bit ironic since, according to the Tralfamadorian logic of time in the book, he is in all places and points of his life at all times and in that sense, goes nowhere at all.
KAYLA BEN Save Your Relationship and Get Your Ex Boyfriend/Girlfriend Back! contact: Save Your Relationship and Get Your Ex Boyfriend/Girlfriend Back! contact: ifadesolutionspell31@gmail.com is certainly the best spell caster online and his result is 100% guaranteed.
My Name is BEN KAYLA from Texas, USA. After 10years of marriage, my husband and I have been into one quarrel or the other until he finally left me and our kids and moved to California to be with another woman. I tried to be strong just for the kids but I could not control the pains that tormented my heart, my heart was filled with sorrows and pains because I was really in love with my husband. Every day and night i think of him and always wish he would come back to me, I was really upset and i needed help, so i searched for help online and I came across a this Dr IFADE how he has helped a lot of woman to get there Ex Back so i contacted him and he promise to help me, he told me what to do and i did it then he did a Love spell for me. 28 hours later to my surprise my husband called me and told me that he misses me and the kids so much, So Amazing!! So that was how he came back that same day, with lots of love and joy, and he apologized for his mistake, and for the pain he caused me and the kids. So from that day, our Marriage was now stronger than how it were before, All thanks to Dr IFADE. he is so powerful and i decided to share my story on the internet how Dr IFADE has helped me to get my ex back. he is real and is a powerful spell caster who has wiped a lot of peoples tears, if you are here and you need your Ex back or your husband moved to another woman, do not cry anymore, contact this powerful spell caster now. Here’s his contact
Call/WhatsApp: +2349060120490 ,
Email: ifadesolutionspell31@gmail.com is certainly the best spell caster online and his result is 100% guaranteed.

Save Your Relationship and Get Your Ex Boyfriend/Girlfriend Back! contact: Save Your Relationship and Get Your Ex Boyfriend/Girlfriend Back! contact: ifadesolutionspell31@gmail.com is certainly the best spell caster online and his result is 100% guaranteed.
Call/WhatsApp: +2349060120490 ,

Call/WhatsApp: +2349060120490 ,

Call/WhatsApp: +2349060120490 ,

Call/WhatsApp: +2349060120490 ,
Image for Slaughterhouse-Five