Kathy
Kathy asked:

I am interested in this book, however, I didn't read the prior series. Can I read this as a stand alone?

To answer questions about The Gilded Hour, please sign up.
Sara Donati Hi Kathy -- I specifically wrote this novel so that it stands on its own. Really not necessary to read the previous series. Thanks for asking.
Renee If you are talking about the Into the Wilderness series...yes, you can definitally read this as a stand alone book with out the background history of the other books. However, the other books are really good!!
Sandy I met Sara Donati through this novel. I definitely agree with Renee. This book definitely stands alone. If, however, you're one of those readers who doesn't like spoilers, start with the Wilderness series.
Gballard You don't have to read the first series, but you'll want to. Absolutely loved it and can't wait for the next book in this series!
Nelly Waite I have just ordered it for my holiday read, I loved Into The Wilderness. It is all related though isn't it Sarah?
Image for The Gilded Hour
by Sara Donati (Goodreads Author)