Nidhi Angle
Nidhi Angle asked:

I really enjoyed the Bartimaeus trilogy. Is this one along the same lines or is meant for kids ?

To answer questions about The Screaming Staircase, please sign up.
George I'm pushing 70. I liked it. I don't much care that it's going back to the "j" section of the library.
Leeann I thought this book was AWESOME! It depends on how sensitive the reader is. I thought it was pretty creepy, but not in a gory Stephen King way. . . .There aren't guts and nasty descriptions, but Stroud is a CLEAR champ at suspense and action! It was a ride! I loved it.
Harrison Wein This is along the same lines--a familiar world rattled by the supernatural. In this case, it's ghosts instead of demons. In tone, it's not as snarky or funny as the Bartimaeus trilogy. And no footnotes. Like that trilogy, though, it's well-written, well plotted, and a lot of fun to read.
Smartalec Well the Bartimaeus trilogy is a great book and I personally Love the Lockwood and Co. Trilogy. But it depends on your taste. Both books are based in a world in chaos. One with demons and the other with Ghosts. Jonathan did a very good job with adding humor in both. However The Screaming stare case is an action thriller, that depending on your taste, can frighten you a whole lot or just give you a tingle. It just depends on whether or not you enjoy thrillers.
Rosie This is late but I think, like Bartimaeus trilogy, these books can be read by people of all ages.
Muskaan If this was meant for kids, then I am really not ashamed to have read the book. Also I am NOT recommending it for kids under 20. I had to read the book during daytime. (Ha!)
Kayden Winter This book is considered a 9-12 book, and though I'm much older, I found it extremely creepy, but then hey, I used to read Goosebumps at that age and loved them. These books are well thought out and the writing is superb, so as an adult I also enjoy them now. I would say they are just as good as his Bartimaeus Trilogy so far.
Image for The Screaming Staircase
by Jonathan Stroud (Goodreads Author)