Gerald Mills
Gerald Mills asked Rita Ames:

Do you ever get lost in your writing (becoming the first person), almost as though your there and then have to dig yourself out (to become the third person, or narrator again)? Do you find yourself enjoying those moments?

Rita Ames The answer to that is a resounding yes. I was Carl Dawson, serial killer and I had to detach my personal beliefs, morals and tastes in order to portray him as nasty as he was at times. I also felt his pain when he struggled with the dual aspects of his personality. I do a lot of acting and it is the same there. You cannot portray someone evil if you bring your own goodness into the performance. Mine can be a brutal way of delivering but it will always be emotive. If I suffer a little pain on the journey back to my reality then I feel that I have given the reader good value for their money and a true escape into fiction.
In the romances I am always the beautiful heroine in my own mind and yes, I thoroughly enjoy those moments. In short I write what I want to read and sometimes try to fill in the gaps that other books have left out for me as a reader. I hope this answers your question and well done for coming up with one that made me think hard about the answer.