Anne
Anne asked Nadia Hashimi:

I have enjoyed both of your novels! Do you plan to continue writing? (I hope so!)

Nadia Hashimi Thank you so much, Anne! I suppose writing has become something of an obsession for me and that has a lot to do with the positive feedback I've received from readers. It's personally gratifying to complete a novel but it means so much more once it's been sent off into the world and touches others. The emails, questions and posts I've seen have made me so grateful that I ventured into this world.

I'm in the midst of completing two manuscripts now. One is an adult story that will touch on the women imprisoned in Afghanistan for crimes of immorality. The other is a middle grade novel that is a spin-off in some ways of Rahima's story from The Pearl That Broke Its Shell. Both are slated to be released in 2016.

After that, I've got a notebook of ideas I'm sketching and will keep writing as long as I can. I suppose the need to write is just like Pringles chips in that way. Their old commercials used to promise: "Once you pop, you can't stop!"

Thanks for connecting!