Hannah
Hannah asked Kate Quinn:

Would you ever write a novel with a society entirely made up by you? Something akin to a Song of Ice and Fire by George R.R. Martin?

Kate Quinn I have, actually. In my teens I wrote a massive trilogy set in an imaginary mid-1700s Europe - I simply gave a new name to every European country and made up my own historical and political scene! It was great fun; I could keep the daily-life details as historically accurate as possible, yet make up my own wars, marriage alliances, court intrigue, and dynastic shifts. I sometimes think about doing something with that trilogy or something else along those lines, but it falls into an odd zone since there's too much fantasy to count as straight historical, yet no dragons/magic/sorcerers to make it high fantasy.
Kate Quinn