Madame
Madame asked Kyle Prue:

How do you come up with all the little details that make your writing a story and not just a storyline?

Kyle Prue I think being an actor helps my writing. When I take on an acting role, I try and live inside that character and really picture all the details of his life. So I try and bring that same kind of detail to my writing. But all that never happens on the first draft. I just wrote a second edition of The Sparks and I had fun adding more content than I did originally. I think you have to hire a professional editor as they will point out areas that need more detail. I also am lucky to have friends that will listen to my ideas and ask questions that often get me thinking. That helps me flush out more details to explore.