Carpe Diem
Carpe Diem asked Pip Janssen:

What has inspired you to start writing?

Pip Janssen I grew up reading a lot of fantasy, and always had a vivid imagination. When I was 12 years old I had a dream that I really wanted to remember, and I realised that the best way to make my imaginings permanent was to write them down. A few months later, I found the pages I'd written about that dream, and over the course of that year it became my first novel.

I wrote two books while I was at school, then took a break during my sixth form years to write poetry. Once I was at university it was back to novels again.

These days, writing is so ingrained in my way of thinking that even when I'm not physically writing I still look at things from the perspective of "how would I describe this?"