Alexa
Alexa asked Kate Elliott:

And what about Jaran - which is an absolute masterpiece of a series - but really never got finished? Oh, how I've longed, over the years, to know how it got resolved!

Kate Elliott Alexa, thank you for this question. I answered the basic question at some length about 5 years ago (how time flies) at my blog:

http://kateelliott.livejournal.com/11...

That's the best long description, especially the part about how I have not given up on the series and think about it every day.

I'd like to add to what I wrote then: I have the plot for book 5 in mind and even the opening scene written, as well as some schemes in mind of possible ways to create time for me to write it and possible routes toward publication. But I do not have anything definitive I can say at the moment. Right now I am under contract for the third Court of Fives YA novel (book 2 is finished and in production) and the books 2 and 3 of the Black Wolves epic fantasy trilogy.

Thanks to you and all my readers for your patience.

Kate Elliott