Goodreads asked Beverly Scott:

Beverly Scott Read, read, read! Especially read in your desired genre. Yes, it is hard to find the time to read when you barely have time to write. Also, read books on writing by successful writers and by writing teachers. Join or form a writer's group that meets regularly where you can get honest and constructive feedback on your writing. My writing group was incredibly helpful to me with ideas and suggestions when I was stuck with the plot. If your budget is limited, this is a great way to exchange feedback with other writers at very little cost. Another lower cost learning opportunity is to join a writing community or organization for writers. If your budget permits, attend writing workshops, retreats and conferences to learn from accomplished writers and experts. Finally, follow blogs of writers and experts who offer advice and guidance on the many aspects of writing and publishing. Be careful here though. Many of them are selling something. Make sure it will be helpful to you.
There are lots of resources to support our writing. Good luck and happy writing!