Goodreads asked Lieve Snellings:

Lieve Snellings ‘Margot krijgt onverwacht bezoek’ (dutch, my mothertongue) and the french translation ‘Margot reçoit une visite inattendue’ was my very first book.
So first of all I want to appologize my english is not correct. But I hope you can understand me.

I was a documentair, journalist, social photographer, but once arrived in Quebec (in 2008), where I spent 4 a 5 months a year Nature there is so beautiful that my focus came on nature photograhie.

We had many cute animals in the back yard, and for easy speaking I had given them all a first name:
Margot is the groundhog, who I saw wake up every springfor the last 8 years.
Eufrazie is a small American Red Squirrel. Small but brave, I saw one day how she, on her own, ove away four large crows from her garden (yes for her our garden really is “her” garden).
Philomene, a Grey Squirrel, is the lady of rank, who like walking as in Victorian times, with her tail umbrella in rain and sun, she is sure of royal blood.
Germaine is a black Gray Squirrel. She is the heroine of the working class, she is strong and determined.
And finally we have Fiston, the chipmunk, or ‘suisse’ as they say in Quebec.

During all these years I observed and photographed them for hours and hours, week after week.
And then about three years ago I saw Margot the groundhog waking up again after her wintersleep. Somehow she made clear to me that she wanted to be the main character in my first photo book. It would be a children’s book, edited with photos and an imaginary story about the journey of Lowieske and Marie to Quebec. About the friendship between a solitary woodchuck and two girls.

The book was born after many trials and errors, step by step. Fortunately I had good proofreaders and test readers who did not spare me their criticism. The original story was too confusing. I unraveled it in two parts. One is a children’s story of two little girls who become friends with a groundhog. The other is maybe for a bit elder children and will be a book with all the possible facts to know about the groundhog. The original tittle (dutch) is ‘Het Grote Weetjesboek over de bosmarmot’ and in French translation is it ‘Les Petits Savoirs sur la marmotte commune’. These will be published as ebook on September 14.