Jodi
Jodi asked Samantha Wilcoxson:

Hi! I started following you without even realizing you were an author. I have gained so much from your book reviews and now I am so excited to read this new book of yours! What other books, non-fiction and fiction both, would you highly recommend for the Plantagenet and War of the Roses period?

Samantha Wilcoxson Hi Jodi. I love reviewing books, and it's always nice to hear that somebody enjoys reading them. I feel privileged to have the opportunity to tell Elizabeth of York's story and hope that I have done her justice.

So many wonderful books exist on the Plantagenets and the Wars of the Roses! Of course, I highly recommend anything by Sharon Kay Penman. If you are looking for a lesser known take on the Wars of the Roses, I would recommend David Pilling's White Hawk series. It is gritty, realistic, and takes a strong Lancastrian point of view which sets it apart from many others.

In terms of nonfiction, I appreciate books that are factual while still easily accessible and readable. Some great examples are Bertram Fields' Royal Blood, Dan Jones' Plantagenets and Wars of the Roses (Hollow Crown in UK), and Desmond Seward's Last White Rose. Ian Mortimer's Time Traveler's Guide to Medieval England is not about royalty but gives a great feeling of what it was like to live during the Plantagenet era.

I hope this helps and look forward to hearing what you think of Plantagenet Princess, Tudor Queen!