Gabrielle
Gabrielle asked Shannon Messenger:

Hi Shannon. I've been a fan of your writing ever since your first book came out. I love the way how you created your own world and so easily and just place your characters in it. you have inspired me to be a writer and I'm in the process of writing my book too! Do you have any tips or advice for me? And how do you find your editors and crew?

Shannon Messenger D'awww--thank you so much! And yay for being a writer!

Honestly, the only tip and advice I can give is the same one I always give--because it really is the most important thing. Writers need to read read read and write write write. It takes practice, just like anything else. So the more you expose yourself to words on the page, and push yourself to write your own words, the better you'll get with time. It's not a process you can necessarily rush--and it takes a lot of hard work and patience. But if you keep going, keep improving, and don't let anything discourage you into giving up, you will be a published author someday.

As for how I found my editors and crew--that's a whole other long complicated answer that really can't be summed up here. First I had to finish my book and revise it to be as good as it could be. Once I did that, I had to get an agent (through a process called "querying"--you can google it) and from there my agent took care of shopping it to editors and finding the right publishing house. It's all something you'll want to do your homework about (there's a TON of info about it if you google--that's how I learned) but before you get too focused on any of that, work on your craft of writing. You can't get an agent or an editor until you have an awesome book already written! :)
Shannon Messenger