Mary
Mary asked Steve Merrick:

Have you ever had a bout of writer's block that lasted so long you thought you'd never write again?

Steve Merrick Yes and no. What happened in my case is I got blocked, so I started to research Bio-Physics and that resulted in some writing of a more explanatory nature, but that action in itself re-booted the process. (I think it did, but it may have been the weather.) So if writing block hits, sit back and try something different for a while, however although the period was productive it wasn't in a written way, and I have to add that anything I could have written at that time would have been sub standard, I guess relaxing away from writing was useful too...... Hope that helps.... ;-)