Goodreads asked Frank S. Lechuga:

Frank S. Lechuga
First, I'll talk about what inspired me to write in the first place.

I always enjoyed reading, and I always admired writers. I started reading for pleasure in the fourth or fifth grade. Along the way, I found myself moved by certain works in fantasy and science fiction. Anti-heroes fascinated me. I believe it was Michael Moorcock's pioneer Goth fantasy, Elric of Melniboné that first inspired me to write about an anti-hero. Various sci-fi, apocalyptic, cyberpunk, dystopian movies also inspired me to write. Hence my work is formulaic, visual and somewhat pulp. Road Warrior, Blade Runner, Dune, Zardoz, Escape from New York, Equilibrium are movies that have inspired me to write my LOM series.

Also, I should add that my early martial arts experience with my now departed brother, Master Instructor of Hwarang Sul (Hwarang do) Jess, Lechuga, absolutely inspired me to write. I trained long and hard under my brother when no sci-fi action movies were featuring martial arts. I had read some fiction about samurai and bushido, and I told myself since I loved science fiction, I had to write about martial arts in a science fiction setting. As it turned out, a dystopian setting was ideal for what I had in mind.

There is that parallel Toltec universe overlay in my LOM series. That's a revelation for another blog.

But to answer the question about what inspires me to write in present time -

That same energy that I describe above continues to inspire me. If the question is to mean like what ambience or ritualistic trick inspires me to write, the answer would be that I just have to have a good chunk of free time and the physical/mental energy. Music and incense help.